The Customer Quotation module within the COSSERP manufacturing software captures the pertinent details to define your estimating requirements and assist you to scope the bid. It is fully integrated with the other modules in COSSERP, allowing a seamless movement of data between the various modules. Estimating provides you a tool to define the processes, calculate the costs, and track the communications with the customer. By defining the quotations status setting, the user can define the work flow and statistical data provides answers for strategic decision-making.
COSSERP job estimating provides the backbone of manufacturing as the information is transferred automatically to the work order and process plan, eliminating data duplication. This value-added data flow saves time, streamlines activities and provides you with valuable statistical data.
COSS’ software management tools generate quotes efficiently and accurately. Quantity and costs are calculated through multi-quantity and multi-margin user-defined calculators. This helps to capture all the dimensions and decisions inputs used in the results.
Other Features Include:
- Phantom scheduling to provide estimated delivery date based on current operating schedule
- Extensive quote management and tracking allows you to monitor quote status and provide hit/miss ratios in percentages of quotes and value
- Customer accounting and estimating information can be downloaded to contact management systems
- Quote details and margin mark-up for materials, labor, and subcontracting
- Quick search, sort, filter and retrieval by customer, part number, and drawing number
- Integrated with purchasing for accurate up-to-date material costs, costing at weighted average, standard, and last cost received in purchasing
- Estimate operations using set-up & run-time using various time resolutions
- The estimator can override defaults and fine tune particular processes
- Tracks pertinent information like RFQ numbers, part and drawing numbers, responsible estimator, contact information and all the detailed estimate information
- Interfaces to MS Word for formal quotes allowing user defined formatting and communication capability as provided by MS Office products
- Can receive detailed layout from configurator to allow fine-tuning of parameters by experts